LogicMonitor v.195 is scheduled to roll out to customer portals from October 30, 2023 through November 8, 2023.
You can now view additional correlated metrics that are related to a numeric metric in alert. The new Datapoint Analysis feature pulls in relevant datapoints that are highly correlated to the alerting datapoint, and generates a correlation score. This correlation score is calculated based on datapoints retrieved by several different strategies like datapoints from the same instance. The higher the correlation score for a particular datapoint, the more correlated that datapoint is to the datapoint associated with the alert.
New Cisco Catalyst SD-WAN Modules
You can now leverage the device-based modules that support Cisco SD-WAN Bulk API versions 20.6.x to 20.12.x (current release). LogicMonitor provides a new Enhanced Script NetScan to automate discovering and onboarding each vEdge, cEdge, vSmart, and vBond device and to organize the Resources in Groups by SD-WAN Site ID. These modules provide new features, an intuitive user experience, simplified ServiceNow CMDB Integration, and support for core LM Envision features like Network Traffic Analysis, Log Analysis, and Role Based Access Control.
For the list of new Cisco Catalyst SD-WAN modules, see the New LogicModules table.
Enhancements to Cisco Meraki Modules
LogicMonitor now includes additional NetScan and host properties to support communicating with snmp.meraki.com using SNMP v2c and v3.
For more information, see Cisco Meraki Monitoring in the Product Documentation.
- Monitoring RDS and DocumentDB in AWS has been updated. This change updates the way RDS instances are displayed and monitored to enhance usability. RDS are now shown as DB Instances. A new service has been added for DB Clusters.
- Enhanced Netscan script now supports adding hosts in batches. With the optimizations done in the script, you can onboard a large number of devices over a controlled time period without impacting the application performance.
Disclaimer: The new UI preview is currently in Beta. In the coming weeks, this beta will be made available for all users. For more information, see New UI Overview in the product documentation. To gain access to the new UI preview, contact Customer Success.
- Pagination is now included at the bottom of the alert tuning page so that you know how many total datapoints are available in the rendered table.
- Updated the Uptime widget in the Resource > Overview tab to include the device name and “Uptime” in the title.
- A filter is now available when viewing all Datasources in the Resource Group > Alert Tuning tab.
- For feature parity with the Legacy UI:
- The Resources > Recently Deleted page now shows the number of days until a device is deleted in the title bar.
- Added the instance description back into the Resource Tree. Also, for instances that have a long name or description, the Resource Tree now displays an ellipsis to indicate that the full description has been truncated.
- The following tokens are now clickable in the alerts table as they were in the Legacy UI: ##alertdetailurl##, ##detail##, ##deviceurl##, ##url##.
- Links in the Support Panel are clickable. You can click on the title of a support article in the new UI and it will open the product documentation in a new tab.
- Resource Name, Datasource Display Name and Graph Name are now available when downloading a graph.
- For extended time ranges on the graphs tab, there was a slight difference between what we were showing in Legacy and New UI versions. The rendered graph should now match between the 2 versions.
GD Collector 34.004 was released on October 16, 2023. For more information, see the GD Collector 34.004 release notes.
Container Monitoring Releases
We have updated the metadata for Kubernetes LogicModules, including ConfigSources, Datasources, PropertySources, and TopologySources. For more information, see the Updated LogicModules table.
New and updated LogicModules are available for you to import from the LogicMonitor Public Repository. This section lists the LogicModules that are new in this release, updated in this release, or will be removed in a future release. Changes related to the LogicModule feature will be listed in the General Updates section.
|New device-based modules that support Cisco SD-WAN Bulk API for monitoring vEdge, cEdge, vSmart, and vBond Catalyst devices.|
|Wistia now uses the status page provider, Instatus. New SaaS_Instatus_Status modile supports this change.|
|New modules to connect cloud devices and Kubernetes devices using common properties for Azure and AWS clusters.|
|Added tracing, passive FTPClient() connection, and proxy host feature. Module now falls back to URL in instance of FTPClient() failure, and provides better debugging/error handling.|
|Updated the metadata for Kubernetes LogicModules.|
|Updated Active Discovery endpoint to use /api/types/cifsServer and cleaned up instance level properties to be more consistent.|
|Categorization pattern updated to better organize current, power, and voltage sensors, along with corresponding adjustments to the units of measurement.|
|Updated appliesTo to also include Azure Redis Cache Enterprise.|
|Updated Active Discovery to automatically occur daily.|
|Added handling for alternate formatting on local date time returned by windows systems.|
|Updated connection handling and session management to ensure compatibility with Veeam v12.|
|Updated the connectionStateMap value for NOTRESPONDING from 3 to 2 to match datapoint and alert descriptions.|
|Explicitly added distributed port groups to networks monitored.|
|Updated to connect cloud devices and Kubernetes devices using common properties for Azure and AWS clusters.|
|Import topo.multipleBridgeMacsThreshold as Integer if set.|
In this section, you will find announcements about upcoming beta features, updates about ongoing beta features, and information about the end-of-support for existing features.
Aruba EdgeConnect SD-WAN Modules
In a future release, LogicMonitor will release new modules that follow HPE Aruba’s monitoring best practices for EdgeConnect SD-WAN versions 9.x. LogicMonitor will provide a new Enhanced Script NetScan to automate discovering and organizing onboarding each EdgeConnect OS (ECOS) appliance. These modules will provide new features, an intuitive user experience, simplified ServiceNow CMDB Integration, and support for key LM Envision features like Root Cause Analysis, Network Traffic Analysis, Log Analysis, and Role Based Access Control.
Adding Functionality for Import from Repository Deprecation
In a future release of LogicMonitor, the ability to audit a module when importing it from the repository (the “Legacy Import/Update Process”) will be removed. You can accomplish this same functionality using the Skip feature in My Module Toolbox.
For more information, see Modules Management in the Product Documentation.
Migration of LogicModules from Settings to Modules
In a future release, LogicModules will no longer be available from Settings. You can access the Exchange, My Module Toolbox, and all settings for managing modules from Modules in the navigation bar.
For more information, see Modules Overview in the Product Documentation.