LogicMonitor v.177 is scheduled to roll out to customer portals from October 17 through October 31.
Updated on October 28, 2022
- Setting thresholds at instance group level does not save the threshold at the group level. New instances do not inherit the threshold as expected.
- Feature Highlights: New LogicMonitor Notification Center. New support for monitoring Azure Connect Sync, Azure AD Users, and Azure PostgreSQL Citus. Released the LogicMonitor OpenTelemetry Collector on Ansible Galaxy.
- General Updates: Expanded cloud monitoring for AWS, Azure, and GCP. Improvements to container monitoring.
- Updated Monitoring: Released new modules to monitor Azure PostgreSQL Citus and AWS Backup.
New LogicMonitor Notification Center
Note: Notification Center is currently only available if you have access to the new UI preview. To gain access, contact Customer Success.
LogicMonitor now provides a Notification Center in your LogicMonitor portal to notify you of features that can enhance your experience of LogicMonitor as a platform. For example, your environment may be using a log cloud service and not leveraging LM Logs. LogicMonitor makes you aware of this feature directly in your portal using the Notification Center. From the Notification Center, you can navigate to more information about LM Logs and how you could benefit from the feature. For more information, see Notification Center.
Expanded Monitoring for Microsoft Azure
LogicMonitor cloud monitoring for Azure now includes support for monitoring Azure Connect Sync, Azure Active Directory (AD) Users, and Azure Database for PostgreSQL – Hyperscale (Citus).
- Azure Connect Sync shows you when Azure AD is enabled and the time since the last sync.
- Azure AD Users shows you the total number of users, the number of active users, and the number of inactive users.
- Azure PostgreSQL Citus shows you metrics from your Hyperscale (Citus) servers and server groups.
Release of LMOTEL Collector on Ansible Galaxy
The LogicMonitor OpenTelemetry (LMOTEL) Collector is now available as an Ansible Collection on Ansible Galaxy. The collection includes the Ansible modules and plugin for interacting with LogicMonitor. For more information, see the LogicMonitor Ansible Collection.
Application Performance Monitoring
- The inline support documentation tab does not display in the LMOTEL Collector installation page.
- Added the option to “Enable Local Collector” to Azure Postgres monitoring for Hyperscale (Citus).
- Added a datapoint to AWS NetApp ONTAP FSx that calculates free storage from AWS file system metrics.
- Updated the Microsoft_Azure_QueueStorage datasource to return a value of 0 instead of No Data / Null when no data exists. This prevents a gap in data collection.
- Updated the datasource for AWS Lambda services to include metrics for invocations, errors, throttles, duration, concurrent executions, and more.
- The Azure NetApp Monitor was getting incorrect metric lists.
- Removed or updated datapoints in AWS Athena that were no longer valid.
- You can no longer create new Azure devices from Resources > Add > Cloud Account (Legacy).
- If you are using a custom container registry to store Collector images, you can now specify the name of the container registry as a parameter in the Helm values file.
- Log Anomalies and Log Alert Severity log information is now displayed in their own respective columns. Previously, anomalies and log alert severity were combined into the Severity column.
- You can now suspend inactive users in Settings > Account Information.
New and updated LogicModules are available for you to import from the LogicMonitor Public Repository. This section lists the LogicModules that are new in this release, updated in this release, or will be removed in a future release. Changes related to the LogicModule feature will be listed under General Updates.
|New cloud monitoring for AWS Backup that converts No Data/Null values to 0 to prevent displaying gaps in data.|
|New cloud monitoring for Azure PostgreSQL Citus.|
|Removed the following datapoints: canceledDDLProcessedMB, failedDDLProcessedMB, and succeededDDLProcessedMB.|
|Fixed a bug in the metric path.|
|Increased performance by reducing access of hostProps and passing null instead, since hostProps is already known to SNMP functions.|
Cisco CUCM CTI Devices-
Cisco CUCM Gateways-
Cisco CUCM Media Devices-
Cisco CUCM Phones-
Cisco CUCM Voice Mail Devices-
HP LeftHand Cache status-
HP LeftHand Disk-
HP LeftHand Fan-
HP LeftHand NSM-
HP LeftHand Power Supply-
HP LeftHand RAID Status OS-
HP LeftHand RAID Status Storage-
HP LeftHand Temperature-
Linux Disk Performance-
Linux NFS Server stats-
Quantum Library System
Quantum Logical Libraries
Quantum Tape Drives
Synology Raid Status
|Updated appliesTo functions to exclude Kubernetes pods.|
|The logic that was implemented for generating alerts from complex datapoints would evaluate to NaN if their inputs were also NaN and prevented a new instance of an alert to be generated if a poll was missed.|
|Fixed the host property import and the logic for handling null entries in the collector cache for cookies.|
|Streamlined SNMP for performance improvements.|
|Fixed a bug in the collection script.|
|Removed max value range on BackupStatus datapoint and improved graphs.|
Isilon Node Disks-
Isilon Node Network Performance
Isilon Node Protocol Performance-
Isilon Temp Sensor-
Isilon Temp Throttle Sensor-
|Updated to include more protections against Cloudgenix devices getting the system category applied due to Cloudgenix sharing OIDs with Isilon. AppliesTo statements have been updated to explicitly exclude known Cloudgenix sysOIDs.|
|Updated the Availability complex datapoint.|
|Fixed a bug in the metric path.|
|Fixed descriptions in the status datapoint.|
|Improved scripts to correctly exclude volumes with unassigned GUIDs.|
|Added a fallback if WMI access is denied to Win32_Service and set a category for CitrixMonitorServicev4 if valid.|
|Expanded functionality to Azure-hosted servers.|
|Updated default ERT.|
|Removed L2 ERI setting.|
|Maps interface connection details by default.|
|Updated appliesTo statement to match that of related DataSource Cisco_Wireless_AP.|
|Improved HyperV host connections.|
This table lists LogicModules that we are deprecating in this release. This means that these LogicModules will be removed in a future release. If available, a replacement LogicModule is listed. For the history of deprecated modules, see Deprecated LogicModules.
|Details||End of Support Date|
|LogicMonitor deprecated the recently released PaloAlto SD-WAN package because it failed to meet our quality standards. |
Recommendation: Use LogicMonitor’s native SNMP capabilities to monitor Palo Alto Network Prisma SD-WAN Instant-On (“ION”) devices (formerly Cloudgenix).
LogicMonitor is actively assessing how to leverage Palo Alto Networks’ Unified SASE SD-WAN API to deliver complementary, additional monitoring value to Prisma SD-WAN customers and partners.
|December 31, 2023|
|This module duplicates AWS_Backup_Vaults_1h and provides no new functionality with the only difference being collection interval. Customers who want to collect data at different intervals should modify DataSources directly or make a clone to customize to suit their needs.||October 21, 2022|