LogicMonitor v.194 is scheduled to roll out to customer portals from October 16, 2023 through October 30, 2023.
- Feature Highlights: Enhancements to visual components in Usage Reporting. Release of LogicMonitor Opentelemetry Collector 3.0.0. Release of Container Monitoring 5.1.0. Enhancements to LogicMonitor Custom Alert Email Delivery integration.
- Monitoring Updates: New modules to support AWS Database Instances and Clusters monitoring structure.
Enhancements to the Visual Components in Usage Reporting
The following enhancements have been made to Usage Reporting:
- You can now select up to four child accounts, and view their respective data in the visual components.
- You can now view the Cumulative Usage for usage data in a bar graph format. You can select and deselect child accounts to view this data in the bar graph as needed.
To access these enhancements, navigate to Settings > Usage.
For more information, see Usage Reporting in the product documentation.
Release of LogicMonitor OpenTelemetry Collector 3.0.00
LogicMonitor OpenTelemetry Collector (lmotel) has been updated to version 3.0.00 for application performance monitoring. This release includes the following updates:
- Improved the exchange of API secrets with LogicMonitor backend.
- Added SBOM for third parties consumed in LogicMonitor OpenTelemetry Collector (lmotel).
- LogicMonitor now uses OpenTelemetry Collector Contrib version 0.72.0. For more information, see OpenTelemetry Collector Contrib version 0.72.0 from OpenTelemetry.
- Removed loggingexporter from the default config.
- Updated the sampling percentage of probabilisticsamplingprocessor to 10 and added it to traces in the default config.
- Added support for Filter Processor.
For more information, see OpenTelemetry Collector Versions in the product documentation.
Enhancement to LogicMonitor Customer Alert Email Delivery Integration
LogicMonitor now verifies all the email addresses added for receiving custom email alert delivery. After adding a new email address to receive LogicMonitor alert emails, an email is sent to the newly added email address with a verification link to verify the email address. The verification link is valid only for 24 hours from the time of receiving the email. If an email address is not verified, the LogicMonitor custom emails will not be sent to that email address.
For more information see Custom Email Delivery in the product documentation.
- Improved Audit Log message formatting to increase readability and comprehension.
- Fixed an issue that caused data to be omitted from the Audit Logs after a module was updated from the Exchange.
- Advanced script Netscans now supports adding scripts in batches.
Disclaimer: The new UI preview is currently in Beta. In the coming weeks, this beta will be made available for all users. For more information, see New UI Overview in the product documentation. To gain access to the new UI preview, contact Customer Success.
- There is now an icon to indicate when a resource is no longer being monitored. You can also click on the icon to re-enable monitoring if needed – similar to the alert generation disabled icon.
- The alert duration is now included in an alert. The Report At field displays the elapsed time within parentheses if the alert is still in-progress. If the alert has been cleared, this time will show the length of alert was active for both the alerts table and the detail panel.
- The alert generation disabled icon should be displayed on the LogicModule Group node on the Resource Tree when the parent alert is disabled and cascaded.
- In the Resources Raw Data tab, ReportedAt time when downloading raw data to CSV now has the correct format (yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm).
- In the Resources Graphs tab, information will now display as expected when a future custom time range is selected.
- Suppressed alerts that have a suppression type of ADS or Dependency now have a slashed icon through the severity, similar to how they appear for dynamic thresholds.
- In Resource Dashboards, the Graph title now displays the instance name and datasource name as expected.
- Fixed the following issues in Service Insights Member Alerts:
- When the “##ALERTDETAILURL##” token was added to the list of columns for display it was not populating correctly and resulted in a blank value.
- When you refresh the page, columns would disappear, requiring them to be added again.
- In Settings > User Access > Users & Roles > Roles, if you have more than one role assigned to a user and select “Configs tab only visible with Manage permissions” in any of the roles, then the user will only be able to see the Config tab of resources that the user has Manage permissions for. For more information, see Roles in the product documentation.
- MGD Collector 33.007 was released on October 6, 2023. For more information, see MGD Collector 33.007 Release Notes.
- EA Collector 34.400 was released on October 5, 2023. For more information, see EA Collector 34.400 Release Notes.
Container Monitoring Releases
- Container Monitoring 5.1.0 was released on October 11, 2023. For more information on new Container Monitoring features, enhancements, fixed and known issues, and the upgrade steps, see Container Monitoring 5.1.0 Release Notes.
This section lists the LogicModules that are new in this release, updated in this release, or will be removed in a future release. Changes related to the LogicModule feature will be listed in the General Updates section.
|New modules for AWS Database Instances and Clusters to support new AWS DB Monitoring structure.|
|Wistia now uses status page provider Instatus.com. SaaS_Instatus_Status datasource has been introduced to support this change.|
|Added a common config filter for devices configured with ‘exec prompt timestamp’ to prevent alerting on changes to uptime.|
|DataSource module changes for AWS Database Instances and Clusters to support new AWS DB Monitoring structure.|
|RDS Status metric has been added to alert when CPU Utilization has a value of 0 or ‘No Data’. DataSource module changes for AWS Database Instances and Clusters to support new AWS DB Monitoring structure.|
|Fixed a minor issue in the OID.|
|If no network whitelist is set, then process all networks on the collector.|
|Removed legacy code that was no longer applicable and causing compilation errors.|
|Updated the categorization pattern to better organize current, power, and voltage sensors, along with corresponding adjustments to the units of measurement.|
|Implemented a check and established a ceiling value for instances when CollectorCPU shifts to exponent representation, ensuring values do not surpass 100%.|
|Updated appliesTo to also include Azure Redis Cache Enterprise.|
|New datapoint – StatusForAlerts – configured to alert if status code is 7, 8, 9, 10, 13, 15, 16 or 17.|
|Added check for initial run so datasource won’t create instances for Oracle servers not configured. Also, added a check to see if previous run failed so that it won’t try multiple times if previous run failed. Will not wait after a successful run. And, removed the alerts for no data.|
|Updated module to support an optional property paloalto.fw.timezone which can be configured to the device’s set timezone.|
|Updated Active Discovery to automatically run daily.|
|Changed the calculation, alert threshold, and description for OutDiscardPecent and InDiscardPercent datapoints.|
|Upped the max supported certificate expiration to 100 years (after seeing one live with over 30 years).|
|Updated status code filter to properly filter gray or unknown status.|
|Updated the connectionStateMap value for NOTRESPONDING from 3 to 2 to match datapoint and alert descriptions.|
|Explicitly added distributed port groups to networks monitored.|
|Added instance level properties – auto.runtime.powerState, auto.runtime.connectionState, auto.resourcePool, auto.cluster.|
|Updated connection handling and session management to ensure compatibility with Veeam v12. Added backup instance detection and discovery for Veeam_BackupAndReplication_Jobs_Backups.|
|Added filter to exclude DataExchangeHost.|
|Updated module description and product documentation to improve troubleshooting experience.|
|Updated with a new filter for “% Command incomplete” lines.|
|Fixed an issue in Common Configs where config.enable.pass and config.login.pass weren’t taken into account for failover to Interactive mode.|
|If set, Import topo.multipleBridgeMacsThreshold as Integer.|
|Updated module alongside past module updates for this suite (must have been missed).|
In this section, you will find announcements about upcoming beta features, updates about ongoing beta features, and information about the end-of-support for existing features.
Deprecation of VNC and Telnet Remote Session Options
We deprecated VNC and Telnet to provide more secure alternatives for remote access; such as SSH, RDP, HTTP, and HTTPS. Existing users will continue to see these options until April 2024. Contact your Customer Success Manager if you need help migrating to other remote session types.
For more information, see Remote Session in the product documentation.
Migration of LogicModules from Settings to Modules
In a future release, LogicModules will no longer be available from Settings. You can access the Exchange, My Module Toolbox, and all settings for managing modules from Modules in the navigation bar.
For more information, see Modules Overview in the product documentation.
Disclaimer: This feature is currently in Beta. Enterprise customers that are currently active in the New UI Beta are eligible to participate.
You can now view additional correlated metrics that are related to a numeric metric in alert. The new Datapoint Analysis feature will pull in relevant datapoints that are highly correlated to the alerting datapoint, and generates a correlation score. This correlation score is calculated based on datapoints retrieved by several different strategies like datapoints from the same instance. The higher the correlation score for a particular datapoint, the more correlated that datapoint is to the datapoint associated with the alert.
Auditing Functionality for Import from Repository Deprecation
In a future release of LogicMonitor, the ability to audit a module when importing it from the repository (the “Legacy Import/Update Process”) will be removed. You can accomplish this same functionality using the Skip feature in My Module Toolbox. For more information, see Modules Management in the Product Documentation.