LogicMonitor v.181 is scheduled to roll out to customer portals from January 23 through February 8.
Updated on February 6, 2023
- Non-admin users are unable to see certain dashboard widgets with correct permissions.
- Feature Highlights: Released the Jira Service Management integration, EA Collector 33.200, and Go SDK for LogicMonitor API v3.
- General Updates: Added support for metadata in the LogStash plugin. Improved the email notification for third party integrations, instance level alert trigger rules, the performance of Cloud resource discovery, and more.
- Updated Monitoring: New modules to monitor AWS HTTP and websocket API gateways, Amazon MQ for RabbitMQ, Flexible MySQL Azure servers, and Azure Cosmos DB performance.
Jira Service Management Integration
Disclaimer: This feature is currently in Open Beta. Contact Customer Success if you experience issues.
You can now integrate LogicMonitor with Atlassian’s Jira Service Management to automate your incident management workflows in Jira based on LogicMonitor alerts. This integration provides you with a seamless experience between the two platforms, using bi-directional communication to enable LogicMonitor to create, update, and close Jira incidents based on LogicMonitor alerts; and to enable Jira to acknowledge alerts based on incident status. For more information, see Jira Service Management Overview in the product documentation.
Released EA Collector 33.200
LogicMonitor EA Collector 33.200 was released on January 16, 2023. For the list of updates and fixes, see Collector Release Notes in the product documentation.
Released Go SDK for API v3
LogicMonitor REST API v3 now supports the Go SDK, in addition to the recently updated Python SDK. For more information, see LogicMonitor v3 SDK in the product documentation.
- You can now define and edit config check rules to trigger instance-level alerts.
- Fixed an issue where alerts were incorrectly suppressed by Root Cause Analysis (RCA) despite not having a root cause further up the RCA chain.
- Fixed an issue where alerts did not clear for datasources disabled at the group level for a dynamic group. If the dynamic group has alerting disabled at the datasource or datapoint level, the alert will be cleared.
- Fixed an issue where the subject line of alert email notifications used the wrong START time, which impacted third party integrations.
- You can now discover and monitor AWS HTTP and websocket API gateways, Amazon MQ for RabbitMQ, and Flexible MySQL Azure servers.
- Discovery operations for Cloud (AWS, GCP, and Azure) resources are now distributed over time to improve performance.
- Fixed an issue where Azure File Storage Capacity was not alerting when it was going over the threshold.
- You can now view and track changes for Custom Resources (CR) installed in your Kubernetes clusters.
- You can now monitor Roles and Role Bindings in your Kubernetes clusters.
- When you add a note to the alert rules for Scheduled Down Time (SDT), email notifications to third party integrations (such as Microsoft Teams) in an escalation chain will now include the SDT note.
- Fixed an issue in LogicMonitor integrations for the Slack, ConnectWise, AutoTask, and PagerDuty integrations, to ensure that LogicMonitor does not create a ticket in the third party ticketing system if the alert is suppressed and if a note is later added to the suppressed alert.
- LogStash logs that are forwarded to LogicMonitor with the LogStash plugin now include metadata in the log messages.
- Fixed an issue where saving changes to a topology map reset the placement of devices.
- Fixed an issue where the UI gets stuck when saving a Saved Map.
New and updated LogicModules are available for you to import from the LogicMonitor Public Repository. This section lists the LogicModules that are new in this release, updated in this release, or will be removed in a future release. Changes related to the LogicModule feature will be listed under General Updates.
|New monitoring for custom resources as configurations.|
|New configuration monitoring for Kubernetes roles and cluster roles.|
|New modules to discover API Gateway V2 APIs in addition to the existing one which discovers only the REST APIs. Separate DataSources are created to discover the metrics of HTTP and WebSocket APIs of API Gateway V2.|
|New monitoring for Amazon MQ for RabbitMQ.|
|New monitoring for Azure Cosmos DB performance data with out of the box dynamic threshold configurations.|
For related module updates, see Updated LogicModules.
|Add support for monitoring Flexible MySQL Azure Servers.|
|Filtered out PFX files because they are not text based.|
|Updated to include location parameter.|
Cisco DNAC Issues
|Added a fallback for wildalias value in Devices when standard value (device name) is not present in the API response. Fixed bug that interrupted data collection for endpoints that do not return totalCount in the API response. Fixed debug mode on EventSource to no longer cache seen events during debug which in turn affects what is reported during normal execution.|
|Added support for CW model devices.|
|Fixed an issue where incorrect API request object was being referenced and data from previous lookup was being overwritten. Improved checks and debug messages to provide info about unsupported devices (UCS S-Series).|
|Updated snippet load method to modern collector approach which reduces collector memory consumption.|
|Updated modules to be compatible with Cohesity API updates. Removed DataInBytes, DataInBytesAfterReduction, MinUsablePhysicalCapacityBytes datapoints from Cohesity_DataPlatform_NodeStatistics because they are no longer provided and have not been collecting data for a long time.|
|Rewrote modules to use more robust approach for capturing proper data for each header accounting for more variations in output formatting. Fixed bug in output for size datapoint in Volumes (it was previously incorrectly assuming all inputs as MB when converting to data to byte values). Improved debug mode with full CLI output, details about header parsing, and more.|
|Updated the apiCalls datapoint alert trigger interval to 4 to reduce erroneous alerts.|
|Updated AppliesTo for Kubernetes_Healthz to require KubernetesService system category.|
|Standardized display naming conventions for K8s KSM LogicModules.|
|Allow for Cisco devices without cisco.description to set LLDP and fixed LLDP_Neighbors bug.|
|Added new metrics for Cassandra and dedicated gateway requests.|
|Updated status datapoint description and alert message.|
|Added datapoint for available memory percentage.|
|Skype for Business is now Microsoft Teams. So having ‘Skype For Business Active’ & ‘Skype For Business Inactive’ in datasource will not add any value because the datapoint will always have 0 values. Also, we already have respective datapoint for Microsoft Teams so no need to add new datapoint.|
|Updated debug snippet to the correct version.|
|Added null check to prevent date conversion errors.|
|Our “UNC Monitor” module will now change the encoding of the cmd session to a consistent language to make collecting folder information more robust. We’ve also resolved a regression in the “Found” datapoint.|
We don’t expect this change to cause any issues, but the encoding change can be disabled by setting a unc.language.encoding property on a given device to 0, off or false.
|Added computer name parameter to ensure full instance-level properties are added.|
|Fixed a bug preventing proper script cache storage.|
|Updated underlying data type used for UptimeSeconds datapoint storage to ensure proper size memory allocation in LogicMonitor database.|
|Limited addCategory_CiscoTransceiversCLI connection timeout to script execution time. Changed AppliesTo for addCategory_CiscoTransceiversCLI to only attempt connections on devices which have been shown to work (Cisco NX-OS).|
|Updated to exclude devices that have been identified as other types of Juniper Mist devices and devices that have already been identified as Juniper Mist Organization devices (script only needs to run on a device once to add the necessary property).|
|Updated debug snippet to the correct version.|
|Adjusted to pick up manually configured SQL instances.|
|Added unblocked interface names: em1, em2, em3, and em4.|
|Fixed bug in Cisco Meraki Access Point and Switch mapping.|
This table lists LogicModules that we are deprecating in this release. This means that these LogicModules will be removed in a future release. If available, a replacement LogicModule is listed. For the history of deprecated modules, see Deprecated LogicModules.
|LogicModule Name||Details||End of Support Date|
|Added MasterReachableFromNode datapoint..||02/02/23|