EA Collector 24.300 will be released August 25, 2017, and includes the following:
- Faster Collector download! When adding a Collector version 24.300 or higher with v94, you will notice the option to download a bootstrap as opposed to the full Collector package. The bootstrap is a smaller installation package that enables you to download and install Collectors much faster via the LogicMonitor CDN.
- Added a service.config tab to the Collector Configuration window. This is useful for configuring a proxy and other settings for Internal Service checks.
- SNMP performance improvements to reduce the Collector's CPU utilization.
- Improved the Collector's logic for determining Host Status when the MultiPing datasource is used.
- Reduced the amount of memory used by ConfigSources.
- Added a configuration option to disable the Collector's SSL SNI extension. The Collector utilizes this extension for heightened security, but some servers do not support it, causing the HTTPS datasource to return SSL Error. For these cases, change wrapper.java.additional.19=-Djsse.enableSNIExtension=false (true by default).
- Support for non-standard SNMP ports for groovy scripts.
- Improved the output of !tlist and !adlist debug commands to sort by hostname and datasource.
- Use "-help" at the end of a Debug command to show command details.
- !debughistory can be used to list recently used debug commands and their associated ID. This ID can then be used with !debugdetail to show the output of a specific debug command. This is useful to investigate why a command is taking a long time to execute.
- In some cases, Internal Service checks were failing due to authentication issues. This has been corrected.
- Fixed a bug causing Test Script to fail for externally stored scripts.
- Fixed a bug causing the Collector to report higher response times in some cases.