EA Collector 26.100 will be released January 16, 2018, and includes the following:
- Improved stability of scripted Data Collection and Active Discovery.
- With v100, Windows Collector installers will be signed for enhanced security.
- Previously, if the Collector requested ESX data during a refresh of the ESX server, it would report “No Data” until the Collector was restarted. This has been improved so that the Collector can recover without requiring a restart.
- Added support for 3-DES for SNMP v3.
- Added support for TLS 1.1/1.2 for MySQL and SQL Server.
- In some cases, users saw gaps in ESX data without receiving a “No Data” alert. This is due to a stalled task causing the Collector to continuously attempt to establish a connection with the host. The Collector will now report No Data if it cannot connect to an ESX host for 3+ attempts.
- In the rare case SNMP was enabled on Windows, the Collector would use SNMP to determine and set system.ips (IP addresses). This has been improved so that WMI is used instead.
- When the ‘Poll Now’ output is very long, it will be truncated and indicated as such with a friendly warning message.
- Fixed a bug causing the logicmonitor-watchdog.control.log file to grow rapidly and in some cases crash the Collector.
- Added a version check to prevent the snmp.walk method for SNMP v1/v2 from being used with SNMP v3. If the wrong method is used, the Collector will return an error. For reference, the methods are:
- v1/v2: Snmp.walk(host, [community], [version], tree_oid, [timeout], port)
- v3: Snmp.walk(host, tree_oid, [options], [timeout])