Early Release Collector 20.074 will be available the week of January 18, 2016. The following new features and fixes are included in this collector version:
- A new BatchScript collection method is available for Datasources. Our existing Datasource Script collection method polls data per discovered instance. The new BatchScript collection method allows your collector to poll data for multiple instances at once, which is useful for script datasources that are collecting data across a large number of instances.
- SNMP v3 data collection now supports the contextName and contextEngineId fields, which are used to distinguish multiple SNMP applications within the same SNMP engine.
- Eventsource collection can now happen via script, eliminating the need for IPMI collection methods. This is available for testing with this collector, IPMI will be deprecated in future versions.
- The Collector’s JRE has been upgraded to JDK 8. This addresses the security issue identified in CVE-2014-6593 and supports the GCM cipher suite. Please see this page for the operating systems and configurations officially supported for JRE8.
- The MySQL JAR has been upgraded to version 5.1.38.
- The Joda Time JAR has been upgraded to version 2.9.1
- sFlow ports were previously being reported incorrectly in some cases.
- Fixed an issue with SNMP v3 data collection related to task timeouts.
- The previous EA collector auto-applied collector datasources based on device IP. This resulted in collector datasources being incorrectly applied in situations where an IP was associated with multiple devices. Collector datasources are now only applied if all IP addresses match.
- TCP data collection tasks no longer fail when ‘Connection reset’ is encountered.
In this Article: