Rolling out through the first week of August, v.123 brings new monitoring coverage for AWS Amazon MSK, Palo Alto GlobalProtect gateways, and Sophos XG firewalls, as well as a couple of minor feature enhancements.
New UI coming soon!
LogicMonitor will be rolling out a new user interface on a page-by-page basis over the coming months, beginning with the Alerts page. To learn more about the deployment schedule of the new UI and to get a sneak preview of the new Alerts page, see LogicMonitor’s New User Interface.
- New alert message token. A new token, ##INTERNALID##, is available for use within alert notification messages, as well as payloads delivered to third-party event management systems (e.g. ServiceNow, PagerDuty, etc.). This token returns a unique alert ID that changes with every alert status update (i.e. this alert ID is updated as alert severities change or alerts are acknowledged, even if these alert status changes are happening within the same alert session). You may find this token helpful in identifying and suppressing duplicate alert payloads that were incorrectly resent to your third-party event management system (usually as the result of a transmission timeout or failure).
- AWS MSK. Added discovery and monitoring support for AWS Amazon MSK (Managed Streaming for Kafka). MSK clusters and brokers, upon discovery, will be auto-grouped and CloudWatch metrics will be collected on their behalf from AWS.
- Reduced API requests to Azure Data collection operations for Azure Storage have been made more efficient, resulting in a reduced number of API requests..
- Alert disablement for terminated cloud resources. When the Automatically Disable Alerting For Terminated Resources option was unchecked, alerting was being incorrectly enabled in some cases once resources were terminated. This has been corrected.
- Improved canvas transitions. The topology mapping canvas no longer reloads in its entirety when vertices (i.e. resources) are updated, allowing you to add or remove vertices with minimal impact to existing map elements.
v.123 LogicModule Releases
LogicModules added or updated since the last release.
New Monitoring Coverage
- AWS MSK (Broker | Cluster) – 2 DataSources
- Monitors metrics for AWS Amazon MSK clusters and brokers
- F5 Big-IP System Failover Status – 1 DataSource
- Monitors the failover status of an F5 Big-IP load balancer
- Palo Alto GlobalProtect Gateways – 1 DataSource
- Monitors the utilization percentage of a Palo Alto firewall GlobalProtect Gateway as well as the current and maximum number of tunnels
- Sophos XG / Cyberoam Firewalls – 5 DataSources, 1 PropertySource, 1 sysOID map
- addCategory_TopoSwitch – 1 PropertySource
- Updated logic to prevent category tag snmpCisco_Switch from being added to Linux-based devices
- AWS (Network | Application) ELB Target Groups – 2 DataSources
- Added support for inactive instance deletion
- AWS RDS – 1 DataSource
- AppliesTo script updates to filter out Neptune and Aurora instances to prevent duplicate metrics and cloudwatch API calls (as these instance types already have designated modules)
- Cisco System Power Supplies – 1 DataSource
- Added new datapoints to capture redundant power supply (RPS) critical status
- Kubernetes Nodes – 1 DataSource
- Now using auto.name instead of system.displayname to improve handling of duplicate node names
- Kubernetes Uptime (now “Kubernetes Script Uptime”) – 1 DataSource
- The name of this DataSource has been updated to “Kubernetes Script Uptime” to ensure that its associated uptime widget is correctly populated
- LogicMonitor Portal Metrics – 1 DataSource
- Light Devices have been excluded from count; dead devices are now being appropriately counted
- NetApp 7-Mode SnapMirror – 1 DataSource
- Fixed issue in Active Discovery and collection script that prevented the discovery of instances and proper collection of performance data; added new overview graphs; minor updates to instance graphs
- NetApp System Info – 1 PropertySource
- Added in API version missing variable to collect system metadata
- VMware Troubleshooter – 1 DataSource
- Removed deprecated graph
- VMware vSAN – 9 DataSources
- Improvements to capture enable config state, tech notes updates and instance persistence
In this Article: