LogicMonitor v.153 is scheduled to roll out to customer portals from June 2nd through June 14th.
- General Updates: Added support for AWS RDS Performance Insights in Cloud Monitoring, support for AWS EC2 flow logs and AWS NAT Gateway flow logs in the CloudWatch integration for LM Logs, and more.
- Updated Monitoring: New LogicModules to monitor Zoom as part of SaaS Monitoring, GCP Billing as part of Cloud Monitoring, Cisco DNA Center.
- Looking Ahead: Push Metrics API, OpenMetrics DataSource wizard, and Distributed Tracing are continuing in beta. Find out more!
- FIXED the display format of
##DATASOURCE##tokens in alerts to be uniform for single instance and multiple instance DataSources:
*<DATASOURCE DISPLAY NAME>-<INSTANCE NAME>*
- REMOVED “ActiveDiscovery” from suggested users results. Audit logs will show only “System:ActiveDiscovery” (instead of showing both).
- ADDED a warning message to let users know when they do not have permission to add a Cloud account.
- ADDED better Error and Notice responses for AppliesTo when configuring and testing custom queries on local Collectors for Cloud devices.
- ADDED a validation step to notify users of errors when updating a GCP account.
- ADDED UI support for new DataSource collection method, AWS RDS Performance Insights. If you imported a previous version of this DataSource, you may need to remove and re-add it. To validate if you need to reinstall the DataSource, choose a Datapoint and verify if the metric field is filled in. If it is not, delete and re-add the DataSource.
- CHANGED the Cloud onboarding “Finish” page to provide the appropriate options for LM Logs depending on the user’s permissions.
- CHANGED the Cloud onboarding inline help panel to be collapsable.
- ADDED the functionality to assign Auto Balanced Collector Groups as Local Collectors for Cloud devices.
- FIXED the Cloud Account wizard for Microsoft Azure to show the correct region names when creating Collector Assignments.
- FIXED an issue where Cloud resources were not automatically removed after the services were disabled.
- CHANGED Kubernetes Monitoring to use Helm Chart API v1, because the previous version v1beta1 has been deprecated.
- CHANGED Argus to use group parentId, so when there are multiple groups with the same name, resources will be added to the correct group.
- FIXED an edge case where Argus was not able to update Pods if they were created with an empty name.
- FIXED an issue where moving a device from one Auto Balanced Collector Group (ABCG) to another ABCG resulted in a duplicate poll from both collector groups on the device.
- DEPRECATED the Safe LogicModule Merge (SLM) feature in LM Exchange. SLM will be removed in v.155. This removal will be temporary as we continue to update the LM Exchange UI and capabilities, and we plan to reintroduce the functionality in a future release
- ADDED support for AWS EC2 VPC Flow logs and AWS NAT Gateway VPC Flow logs as part of the CloudWatch Logs integration.
- ADDED functionality to save a keyword search and filters in the Logs page.
- KNOWN ISSUE If you delete an alert condition from a log processing pipeline in LM Logs, the pipeline will no longer match with incoming events.
- CHANGED the AppliesTo expression to restrict using the property
- FIXED an issue where Alert reports with a large alert count generated an empty report.
- CHANGED Edge Filter functionality in the Alert Topology tab to allow users to select more than one Edge Type from the menu.
New and updated LogicModules are available for you to import from the LogicMonitor Public Repository. This section lists the LogicModules that are new in this release, updated in this release, or will be removed in a future release. Changes related to the LogicModule feature will be listed under the LogicModules section.
|Apache_Solr_JVMGCStats||(DataSource) Tracks time spent on and frequency of garbage collection for Apache Solr devices using G1 garbage collection (the default garbage collection method for versions 8 and above).
See updated LogicModules: Apache_Solr_JVM_API and Apache_Solr_Info.
|AWS RDS PI Top 10 SQL Statements
AWS RDS PI Top 2 User IDs
AWS RDS PI Top 5 Tokenized SQL Statements
|(3 EventSources) Gathers top SQL Statements, Users and Tokenized statements by proportion of database load.
Needs Performance Insights enabled.
Cisco DNAC Issues
|(3 DataSources, 1 EventSource, 2 PropertySources, 1 TopologySource) Gathers metrics for various health statuses, as well as counts of devices and clients. Provides topologies and alerting for reported issues.|
|(3 DataSources) Tracks billing costs for BigQuery by operation, service or project.|
|(6 DataSources) Tracks daily meetings, minutes, new users and participants as well as large meeting, room, webinar, recording and overall plan usage.|
|addCategory_CiscoCUCMAPI||(PropertySource) Updated AppliesTo function to explicitly require the “system.sysname” property required by the script. Print the HTTP response code for debugging purposes if the API does not respond with a 200 code.|
|addCategory_MicrosoftExchange||(PropertySource) Reverted earlier appliesTo change which switched the required collector platform from Linux to Windows. The addCategory_MicrosoftExchange_PowerShell PropertySource should be used for Windows collectors.|
|addCategory_PureStorage||(PropertySource) Removed proxy support from collection script.|
|addCategory_Ruckus_SZ||(PropertySource) Update AppliesTo to only look for the “Ruckus.user” property.|
|(1 PropertySource, 1 TopologySource) Fixed CDP identifier mismatch between HP switchs and those used by the Meraki Cloud Controller to identify network links.|
|(1 DataSource, 1 PropertySource) Updated tech notes to indicate which module should be used for Solr devices using a specific garbage collection method. Record the current garbage collection method in the “auto.apache.solr.gc” property.|
|AWS_ECS_ClusterServices||(DataSource) Enable automatic instance deletion.|
|AWS_FSx_WFS||(DataSource) Removed default alert thresholds and updated description to include units for the FreeStorageCapacity datapoint.|
|AWS_Kinesis_Firehose||(DataSource) Updated polling interval to match AWS polling rate. Add datapoints: IncomingBytesPerSecond, IncomingPutRequests, IncomingPutRequestsPerSecond and IncomingRecordsPerSecond.|
|(21 DataSources) Populate empty datapoint “Metric Name”(“Column name” for Office365) fields.|
|(54 DataSources, 37 PropertySources, 31 TopologySources) Updated namespace sanitation to replace “&” with “and” during ERI and topology generation. Removed unused topology code from Cisco_vManage_BFDPerTLOC.|
|Cisco_Meraki_Licensing||(DataSource) Ensure date locale is set to english to ensure that expiration dates are parsed correctly.|
|Cisco_Meraki_Switch_Interfaces||(DataSource) Fixed regression that removed compatibility for older collectors (below version 30).|
|(6 DataSources) Removed “avg_rw_latency” datapoint along with datapoints used in the complex datapoint calculation: “total_read_latency”/”total_write_latency” (“read_latency”/”write_latency” in some modules). Data provided by removed datapoints was found to be invalid and not provided by any documented API endpoints.|
|EMC_SPStatus_NaviSecCli||(DataSource) Ensure special characters in executed commands are properly escaped.|
|H3C_Switch_TemperatureSensors||(DataSource) Removed unmatched brace from active discovery script. Update DataSource discovery filters to include generics “SENSOR” sensors and exclude sensors consistently reporting 0 to indicate lack of sensor data.|
|HP_3PAR_iSCSI||(DataSource) Do not pass the “–fullcounts” flag when calling the “statiscsi” command. Update wildvalue sanitation. Include additional instance properties. Remove generic try-catch statements.|
|isNetwork||(AppliesTo Function) Include devices with category “Juniper”.|
|isStorage||(AppliesTo Function) Include devices with category “NimbleStorageSSH”.|
|Kubernetes_Service||(DataSource) Updated technology notes to indicate service monitoring requires that a selector be set.|
|LinuxNewProcesses-||(DataSource) Collection script no longer returns a default status code of 10 for the “Status” datapoint. Updated datapoint descriptions.|
|(1 DataSource, 1 PropertySource) Added “cloudOnly” datapoint to track the number of cloud resources that are being monitored by a cloud collector. Improve performance by passing desired fields with the API call.|
|Microsoft_Azure_FileStorage_Capacity||(DataSource) Removed the “SuccessE2ELatency” datapoint along with the associated complex datapoint since the metric is not related to storage capacity. The removed metric is still available in the Microsoft_Azure_FileStorage DataSource.|
|(3 ConfigSource) Corrected module grouping. Modules have been moved to the “DHCP Server Configs” group.|
|Microsoft_LyncServer_Protocol||(DataSource) Increased alert threshold for the IncomingMessagesHoldingTime datapoint from 1 millisecond to 1 second and added alert message.|
|Microsoft_Windows_Cluster_NodeStatus||(DataSource) Updated collection script to ensure no data is returned when no nodes data is received.|
|PureStorage_ArrayControllers||(DataSource) Updated active discovery script to filter out controllers which do not return a valid mode.|
|SNMP_Network_Interfaces||(DataSource) Fixed conditional statement that was incorrectly polling 32-bit interface OIDs for 64-bit interfaces.|
|(4 DataSources) Append MOR to WildAlias to ensure instance uniqueness. Note that this can cause historical data loss as new WildAliases will be generated for all instances.|
|VMware_vSAN_ClusterHealth||(DataSource) Updated active discovery script to accept the “vsan.instanceformat” property (see vSAN documentation for more details and usage).|
|Whois_TTL_Expiry||(DataSource) Updated technical notes to indicate that only top-level domains can be monitored, WHOIS data is not populated for subdomains.|
|(2 DataSources) Updated troubleshooting message to mention current PropertySource that sets OS version properties.|
There are no new deprecated LogicModules in this release. For the list of LogicModules deprecated over the past five releases, see the support article Deprecated LogicModules.
In this section you will find announcements about upcoming beta features, updates about ongoing beta features, and information about the end-of-life of existing features.
Distributed Tracing enters beta
LogicMonitor’s distributed tracing functionality will be entering beta soon! With this new distributed tracing capability, you will be able to forward traces from your instrumented applications to LogicMonitor. This will enable you to see end to end traces as they flow through the services in your environment (from a new Traces page in LogicMonitor), presented with contextual metrics and logs to enable faster troubleshooting and more proactive identification of performance bottlenecks.
To participate in this beta, fill out this form: Tracing Beta Survey
Push Metrics API – ongoing beta in production environments
The Push Metrics API is now available for use in production environments, but the feature must be enabled for use. Prior to enablement we would like to discuss best practices for testing and implementation as well as pricing considerations once the feature is generally available.
To participate in this beta, fill out this form: Push metrics API Production Beta
OpenMetrics DataSource Wizard – ongoing beta
The OpenMetrics DataSource Wizard beta is available for open beta in both sandbox and production environments. The wizard requires the EA Collector 30.100 or later. The wizard can be used to quickly load OpenMetrics (Prometheus exposition format) data from a provided URL endpoint and create a datasource for ingesting the data into your LM account.
To participate in this beta, fill out this form: OpenMetrics Beta Survey
Sunset of the RPC API
We have decided to focus on improving the LogicMonitor Rest API, which has higher security standards and integration capabilities that are more in-line with our future development goals. This means that we are preparing to end support for the RPC API with the upcoming release of LogicMonitor v.156.
If you are using the RPC API for Ansible, reach out to Support for guidance on migrating playbooks to the REST API.