v.158 Release NotesLast updated on 15 October, 2022
LogicMonitor v.158 is scheduled to roll out to customer portals from September 13 through September 22.
Updated on September 14, 2021
- New versions of the REST API documentation for the Go and Python SDKs. See General Updates: REST API
- MGD Collector 30.001 will be released on October 27, 2021. Collectors will be automatically updated to this version. See Looking Ahead: MGD Collector 30.001 release
- Feature Highlights: GD Collector 30.001 was released.
- General Updates: Dynamic Thresholds can now be applied to as many datapoints as needed, the default time range for Traces is now one minute, fixed the importing of Zoom LogicModules, and more.
- Updated Monitoring: New LogicModules to gather performance metrics for Azure Synapse, Salesforce Lightnighg, Linux metrics exposed via Prometheus Node Exporter, discover Sonic Firewalls, and more.
GD Collector 30.001 released
GD Collector 30.001 was released on August 23 and includes fixes for updating Collectors and MongoDB driver dependencies. This is Collector is a candidate for the next MGD release. See the Collector Release Notes.
- CHANGE Users can now Add to dashboard from the alerts details panel for anomaly alerts when logs are enabled.
- CHANGE Dynamic threshold limits have been removed and users can apply them to as many datapoints as needed. Warnings for exceeding a dynamic threshold limit no longer display in the warnings shown at login or on the Account Information page in Settings.
- FIX The new page prevented a Scheduled Down Time (SDT) start time from being set in the past. You are now able to set a SDT start time in the past that ends any time in the future.
- FIX The Severity sort order is now correct when sorting Alerts page results by Reported At followed by Severity.
- FIX Refreshing the Alerts page while you are editing notes in the alert details panel should not clear the note.
- FIX The relative timestamp in the alert details panel now updates correctly when switching between alerts.
- FIX Custom time ranges now convert and display correctly when switching between Alerts (Legacy) to Alerts (Stable).
Cloud and SaaS Monitoring
- FIX Properties now display correctly for SaaS Lite (status monitoring).
- FIX You can now successfully import Zoom Plan Usage DataSources. You may need to reimport the LogicModules via the Exchange or Repository.
- FIX The “Manage LogicModules” permission was required to add cloud accounts for the new Cloud Integrations UI. Users with manage permission for at least one resource group can navigate to Exchange > Cloud Integrations and be able to add a cloud account for monitoring.
- CHANGE The default time range is set to 1 minute on the Traces page. Time range options for 10 minutes and 3 hours have been removed.
- NEW As an optional way to simplify resource reconciliation with Argus, we added the ability to use OR operators on pods with different labels when mapping resources on the Kubernetes side.
- FIX DataSource updates were not working when imported from the LogicMonitor Repository because of a mismatched sorting of list items.
- CHANGE Moved the toggle for Ops notes from the graph to the options menu.
- CHANGE Backend improvements on event parsing to increase profile performance and improve memory allocation.
- NEW Added the ability to expand log message in a row to view the entire log message.
- FIX The Devices associated with DataSource page no longer reorders the devices when you are paging through the list.
- FIX The Resource Group Inventory and Alert reports now correctly displays the
system.netflowCollectorIdwhen NetFlow is enabled on devices (that is,
- A new version of the LogicMonitor REST API documentation for Go and Python SDKs is now available and includes the following updates:
- autoBalance, boolean: Specify if the Collector part of an Auto Balanced Collector Group (ABCG).
- autoBalanceStrategy, string: Specify the auto balance strategy.
- autoBalanceInstanceCountThreshold, integer: Specify the threshold for instance count strategy to check if a Collector has high load.
- autoBalancedCollectorGroupId, integer (int32): The Auto Balanced Collector Group id. If set to 0, means the Collector Group is not monitored by ABCG.
See LogicMonitor REST API documentation and download the SDK files from LogicMonitor SDKs.
- FIX The Custom Graph widget now correctly plots the y-axis with the full range assigned in the max graph range.
- FIX Unchecking ACK and SDT Alert Totals now correctly removes the alert counts from the main navigation sidebar.
New and updated LogicModules are available for you to import from the LogicMonitor Public Repository. This section lists the LogicModules that are new in this release, updated in this release, or will be removed in a future release. Changes related to the LogicModule feature will be listed under General Updates.
Gathers performance metrics for Azure Synapse Workspaces, Big Data Pools and SQL Pools.
|(7 DataSources, 2 PropertySources)
Fetches Linux basic info and metrics related to CPU, file systems, interfaces, disks, memory and general system performance exposed via the Prometheus Node Exporter. The Linux_OpenMetrics_Watchdog DataSources provides metrics related to the background collection task.
Gathers account limits as well as Lightning Experienced Page Time metrics.
New PropertySource for more reliable discovery of SonicWall Firewalls.
Adds support for Brocade and Juniper configs.
|(8 ConfigSources, 1 DataSource, 6 PropertySources)
Included an additional parameter in file cache name generation. Added new “auto.config.instance.version” and “auto.config.file” autoproperties. Added config.stoppers property for defining regex conditions for existing ConfigSource scripts. Added ANSI support to SSH Interactive ConfigSources. Set “auto.config.version” from PropertySources. Added the ability to automatically cancel collection when known invalid lines are found.
Corrected labels and graph names used for packet data.
Improved handling of missing memory values during collection. Made the debug flag a global variable.
Add support for setting credentials via the cisco.hx.user and cisco.hx.pass properties with fallback support for the previously used esx.user and esx.pass properties.
Only output non-null instance properties. Output additional instance properties.
Updated description and alert messages for “FailoverStatus” datapoint to reflect updated status codes.
Updated NetworkIn and NetworkOut datapoints to use the correct JSON path.
Update scripts to use SSHJ instead of Expect for discovery and collection.
Add null check to prevent script failure on certificates with empty expiry time.
Updated the display name.
Reintroduced missing method that was causing discovery to fail when setting the “auto.rubrik.node.ram” autoproperty.
Improved handling of null values during collection.
Added support for empty vSAN clusters.
|Dell Drac Event Log||(1 EventSource)
Corrected token spelling in script and alert messages.
Updated AppliesTo to resolve an issue where Linux SSH devices were not targeted by isLinux().
This table lists LogicModules that we are deprecating in this release. This means that these LogicModules will be removed in a future release. If available, a replacement LogicModule is listed.
|Details||End of Support Date|
Gathering billing data via file is now deprecated.
You should use the BigQuery modules for GCP billing and remove the GCP storage buckets used for storing billing files.
For the list of LogicModules deprecated over the past five releases, see the support article Deprecated LogicModules.
In this section, you will find announcements about upcoming beta features, updates about ongoing beta features, and information about the end-of-life of existing features.
Settings for ERI and ERT will be disabled for PropertySources in v.159
We are removing the ability to set External Resource IDs (ERIs) and External Resource Types (ERTs) from non-ERISource PropertySources in the UI. The recommended way for you to set the ERI and ERT property is via PropertySource scripting, which supports blacklisting and namespacing. See Creating PropertySources.
MGD Collector 30.001 will be deployed on October 27
On October 27th, between 6 and 9 p.m. PT, all Collectors in your LogicMonitor platform below version GD 30.001 will be automatically updated to this new minimum version. At this time, we will also officially deprecate and stop supporting the previous minimum general deployment of MGD 28.005. More details about this update will follow.
Although we strongly encourage you to upgrade your Collectors on your own schedule, we do not believe you will experience any issues by waiting for the auto-upgrade on October 27th. For instructions on upgrading your Collectors, see Managing Collectors.