LogicMonitor v.173 is scheduled to roll out to customer portals from July 23 through August 8.
Updated on September 8, 2022
- Updated LMv1 Access Key format and length for enhanced security and identification.
- Feature Highlights: New visualization for log aggregation query results. New resource property to support for alert filtering based on sub-tenants.
- General Updates: Improvements to CloudWatch collection performance, monitoring support for a new Azure region, RBAC for OpenTelemetry Collector configuration, and more.
- Updated Monitoring: New modules to monitor AWS filesystems and topology support for Palo Alto SD-WAN.
New Logs Visualizations
We’ve added visualization options for advanced search queries that display aggregate results. The new visualizations options include bar, line, and area graphs.
Alert Aggregation Based on Sub-tenants
We’ve added support for filtering alert header graphs using a new property, tenant.identifier. You can use this property to represent customers (tenants) for a service provider or teams within a large Enterprise. This property can be set for resources manually and via API. If you already have this information captured in a different property, you can override the property name from Settings > Account Information; for example, you can use your own property named “customer.name”.
- When the confidence band generated for anomaly detection is null, the alerts will keep their current state, suppressed or de-suppressed, to ensure that you don’t receive additional alert notifications.
- Fixed an issue where filtering to exclude results on the alerts page using glob expressions was not working as expected.
- Implemented role-based access control (RBAC) for Open Telemetry (OTEL) Collector configuration. Users with Manage OTel permissions can view and edit configuration, while users with View access can only view the configuration.
- Updated CloudWatch collection to reduce the time it takes to fetch metrics.
- Improved the efficiency of Cloud resource discovery using NetScan.
- Added monitoring support for resources in the Azure Region norway_east.
- Added a validation check for the Name field when creating new Cloud Accounts. You will be warned if you enter invalid characters.
- Added monitoring support for new OpenZFS and NetApp ONTAP AWS FSx file systems.
- Fixed an issue where AWS Service Limits datasources were not populating data from the AWS source. You will need to update datasources for AWS VPC and ELB service limits (which are AWS_VPC_TrustedAdvisorServiceLimits and AWS_ClassicELB_ServiceLimits), and update your AWS Policy to include:
- Fixed an issue that prevented Microsoft_Azure_Synapse_SqlPool instances from being discovered.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Microsoft_Azure_Synapse_BigData_Pool and Microsoft_Azure_Synapse_Workspace from collecting data.
- Fixed an issue with querying Microsoft_Azure_NetApp_Volumes to provide more details (such as the request, path, or metrics) when attempts fail.
- Added an alert in Kubernetes Job modules when the BackOff Limit is exceeded. When a pod that is part of a job fails, it can be restarted until it reaches a job’s configured Backoff Limit.
- You can now see rich metadata for PersistentVolumes and PersistentVolumeClaims with the new KSM-based monitoring modules for Persistent Volumes.
- Updated the alert conditions for “Ready Replicas” and “Generation Mismatch” in the Kubernetes_KSM_Statefulsets datasource.
- Fixed an issue with Kubernetes resource filtering to make sure that resources do not get monitored when they are excluded in Helm chart filters.
- Fixed an issue where Kubernetes resources did not show up under a namespace if the namespace was deleted and then recreated.
- Fixed an issue that caused an unknown error when you unchecked the boxes for “Cleared” or “Escalated/Deescalated” in a Custom HTTP integration.
- NetFlow device group-level Traffic tabs are now sorted based on bandwidth consumption instead of alphabetical based on device names.
- Fixed an issue that caused User Access data to display incorrect or wrong information when the Last Action for the user was older than one year.
New and updated LogicModules are available for you to import from the LogicMonitor Public Repository. This section lists the LogicModules that are new in this release, updated in this release, or will be removed in a future release. Changes related to the LogicModule feature will be listed under General Updates.
|New modules for monitoring OpenZFS and NetApp ONTAP AWS FSx file systems.
|New Topology support for Palo Alto SD-WAN.
|Removed unused code.
|Added width constraint to prevent false change alerts due to variations in terminal window sizes.
|Updated alert descriptions and additional improvements.
|Changed the bytesRead metric type to gauge instead of counter.
|Added support for customers participating in Topology Beta to set topo.mapinterfaces host property in order to see the edge details pane for Interface mapping under the Network edge (with Bridge, CDP, and LLDP sub edges) and Endpoint mapping under the Routing edge (with OSPF Neighbor, BGP Peer, and EIGRP Peer sub edges).
For more details about participating in the Topology Beta, contact your CSM.
|Cisco_CUCM_LowMOSCalls instances now auto-delete when they are no longer discovered. Instance data will expire after 30 days.
|Corrected error in ILP name that interrupted proper instance grouping on resources.
|Changed Stratum datapoint description to reflect on what it currently represents.
|Will no longer discover instances that report Lq in their MAC address. These instances were breaking data collection.
|Updated all PowerShell modules to use here-strings for username and password credentials to prevent script errors when these properties contain special characters.
|Fixed typos in credential properties for Citrix VAD modules.
For Citrix_VAD_DevliveryGroups: Added an availability datapoint for delivery groups. Removed an availiability datapoint with a typo in the name that was collecting incorrect availability data–This will cause loss of historic but invalid data.
|Script improvements to handle null responses.
|Corrected a key error that was disrupting data collection.
|Added handling for collectors with special proxy/DNS configurations.
|Added a missing Active Discovery parameter.
|Adjusted where connection close statement occurred to ensure database connections close properly.
|Updated datapoint descriptions to include units.
|Added checks to wild-values to remove invalid characters.
|Expanded to add topology support.
|Fixed an error in the active discovery script to correctly read into memory the optional host properties that were not present.
Cisco DNAC Issues
|Added a new event output field to provide device hostname (deviceName).
|Added the ability for customized timeouts.
|Updated ERT to improve mapping.
|Added missing import in script.
|Corrected the direction of the relationship between UCS manager and edges for proper RCA functioning.
|(1 Topology Source)
|Updated topology to avoid unclaimed LLDP entries if bad capabilities.
This table lists LogicModules that we are deprecating in this release. This means that these LogicModules will be removed in a future release. If available, a replacement LogicModule is listed. For the history of deprecated modules, see Deprecated LogicModules.
|End of Support
|Removed redundant ERI sources with functionality that is already supported in other ERI sources.
In this section, you will find announcements about upcoming beta features, updates about ongoing beta features, and information about the end-of-life of existing features.
Azure Site Recovery and Backups Beta
You can trial our expanded monitoring for Azure Site Recovery and Backups as part of an open beta. For more information, see Forwarding Backup and Recovery Events.