The general deployment GD Collector 30.001 has been designated as the next minimum general deployment version, MGD Collector 30.001.
The automatic update to MGD Collector 30.001 will deploy on January 10, 2022. This release, which was scheduled for deployment on October 27th, was postponed while we fixed a performance issue. User action is not required ahead of this date, but we recommend that you update to MGD Collector 30.001 as soon as possible. For more information about the deployment schedule, see MGD Release Update.
MGD Collector 30.001
Upgrading to MGD Collector 30.001, or optionally EA 30.xxx, will give you access to many new features and fixes highlighted below.
- MGD Collector 30.001 will be the first MGD Collector version to use JDK 11.
Other highlights include all of the new features introduced in the EA Collector 29.xxx versions, as well as many fixes and optimizations:
- Support for LM Logs.
- SSE enhancements.
- Updated Java JARs.
- NBAR slots support for direction, IPv6, and Application.
- Collector sizes XL and XXL.
- Collector Script Cache.
- Scripts to enable migration from root/Administrator to non-root and non-Administrator user for running the Collector.
For a complete list of new features and fixes across all Collector versions, see Collector Versions.
EA Collector 30.xxx
For early access to additional features, you may consider upgrading to one of the EA Collector 30.xxx versions. Because early access versions are updates that contain new beta functionality, they are not recommended for your entire infrastructure. Features in EA Collector 30.xxx include:
- Support for OpenMetrics Collection.
- Open Beta support for Credential Vault integrations, using CyberArk and Thycotic.
- Support for forwarding Windows Event Logs and Kubernetes Events to LM Logs.
- Capability for changing the Collector Size setting during installation, after download.