Due to a delay, LogicMonitor v.166 is now scheduled to roll out to customer portals from March 2 through March 14.Subscribe
Updated Topology Mappings Interface
The Topology Mappings interface has been updated and is now enabled by default.
Kubernetes Cluster Monitoring with Kube State Metrics
You can now use the Kube State Metrics modules available in LM Exchange in conjunction with the new Argus and Collector Helm charts to gain better visibility of your Kubernetes cluster. The charts automatically install and configure KSM on your cluster and monitor the following resources:
- The total number of results now displays in the Aggregate tab when performing an advanced search query.
- You can now view surrounding logs for a device or device group. To view this feature, select the three dot icon in the device or device group log row and select View +/- 1 minute.
- Added support for the eu-south-1 AWS region.
- Added support for the us-west-3 Azure region.
- Added support for monitoring GCP Interconnect Attachments. Metrics include ingress and egress for both bytes and packets, as well as network capacity.
- Azure NetApp Pools can now be discovered and monitored in LogicMonitor. New DataSources for this feature will be available after 3/10/22.
- You can now set NodeSelector and Tolerations properties on the Kubernetes Collector Set service.
- Fixed an issue that occasionally prevented the Cloud Integrations page from displaying correctly.
- Fixed an issue that caused dead pods to incorrectly report to dashboards.
- Fixed an issue that caused inconsistent values to be propagated in the Host Name property of a pod.
- The OpenTelemetry Collector can now run in Azure Container instances. You may find this useful for forwarding application traces from Azure Container environments.
- You can now use the new Validate button for an OpenTelemetry Collector to validate that the configuration file is acceptable. This ensures that changes made to the Collector configuration in LogicMonitor are formatted properly.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the Clear notification from being sent for suppressed alerts.
- You can now specify alert trigger intervals for config checks. For more information, see Config Checks.
- Fixed an issue that occasionally prevented forecasting from a top 10 Graph widget.
- Fixed an issue that prevented NetScan credentials from being obfuscated in API responses.
New and updated LogicModules are available for you to import from the LogicMonitor Public Repository. This section lists the LogicModules that are new in this release, updated in this release, or will be removed in a future release. Changes related to the LogicModule feature will be listed under General Updates.
|Added monitoring support for GCP Cloud Interconnect Attachments.|
|New topology coverage for Docker.|
|(9 DataSources) Puppet_Agent_LastRunMetrics|
|New package for Puppet Agent and Server monitoring via SNMP and API collection.|
|Fixed a typo in a datapoint description.|
Library Fiber Channel Ports-
Library Changer Devices-
Library Media Drive Status-
Library SCSI Protocol Controller-
|Updated the AppliesTo to not be case-sensitive so that all variations of “Cloudgenix” will be excluded.|
|Updated tech notes to include the requirement of setting a default region in AWS and removed an unused variable.|
|Added filtering to the AD script to exclude guest OS interfaces which do not return data.|
|Fixed an issue that caused the script to fail.|
|Fixed an issue that caused snippets to fail to load.|
|Added new device types for SaaS resources.|
|Fixed an issue that caused instances to be removed when database connection failed.|
|Expanded properties collected for Fortigate devices.|
|Fixed an issue in enterprise ID handling.|
|Added error handling to switch API endpoints correctly.|
|Added filters for Gigabit variants of transceiver sensors.|
|Added new Cisco ASA layer 2 detection, fixed a namespace issue, and improved debug messaging.|
|Removes OutOfDisk DP and corresponding graph from Kubernetes_Node as Kubernetes v1.13+ has deprecated this datapoint. It has been replaced with DiskPressure.|
|Added more robust port matching and other improvements.|
|Updated the description and technical notes. Changed all datapoints that previously reported “0” for no data to correctly report “no data”.|
|Added new datapoints.|
|Added PropertySource to the package, added version number to properties, and added system category “PowerMax”. Fixed an issue in Active Discovery scripts that returned 0 when API calls failed, which could result in unintended instance deletion. Snippet refactored for easier updating in the future (backward compatibility maintained).|
|Remove AWS_Elasticsearch_MasterNodes alert thresholds on the masterSysMemoryUtilization metric to accommodate the expectedly high memory usage.|
|Modified API calls use a batch version reducing execution time and number of queries required to retrieve data.|
|Added overview graphs and updated all graphs to current standards.|
Cisco CUCM CTI Devices-
|Updated threshold for ccmCTIDeviceStatus to alert for unregistered status OOB.|
|Updated the collection method for batchscript for more efficient API calls and extended topology coverage.|
|Moved modules into Cisco SIP group.|
|Fixed an issue in namespace handling that disrupted proper mapping.|
Azure Service Health
|Updated the alert clear interval to 24 hours due to delayed publishing of events by Microsoft which led to missed alerts with the old 1 hour value.|
|Added an optional device level property “aws.ec2.defaultregion” to allow users to set their desired default region.|
|Allows for 00:00:00 interface MACs but still block bridges.|
|Removed an unused import in scripts that caused script failure due to newer Collector versions not having this class.|
|Added threading to scripts to assist in data collection in large environments where timeouts were preventing script completion.|
|Updated operationalStateAlert complex datapoint expression and description to accurately target problematic states.|
|Added property “auto.powershell.uacEnabled” to provide the info available in the deprecated DataSource Microsoft_Windows_UACTroubleshooter.|
Puppet Master Process-
|Updated to match current fields.|
Windows System Event Log
|Added event IDs 36887 and 36888 to the filter of events to exclude. These event IDs tend to be noisy and are generally not important to alert on.|
Nimble CPU load
|Added timeouts to all modules using expect for SSH connection using host property “ssh.timeout” and falling back to the default expect timeout in the Collector when host property is not configured.|
This table lists LogicModules that we are deprecating in this release. This means that these LogicModules will be removed in a future release. If available, a replacement LogicModule is listed.
|Details||End of Support Date|
|Branched out into four separate modules to better serve specific aspects of vCenter.|
Note: VMware_vCenter_Topology should be deleted or set to “false” to prevent interference with new modules.
|This module created confusion and excessive alerts. The info provided is now stored as a property applied by Microsoft_Powershell_Info.||03/09/22|
|Added new module Microsoft_IIS_Server identical to WinIIS- but with a more narrow AppliesTo in order to prevent excessive Collector runs on devices that will never work.||03/09/22|
For the list of recently deprecated LogicModules, see the support article Deprecated LogicModules.