Dashboard Reports build upon our Dashboard Sharing feature by enabling to you send a snapshot view of your Dashboards via a scheduled report. This is particularly useful for distributing at-a-glance metrics of an environment's overall health to your team, peers, end users, or non LogicMonitor users.
Creating a Dashboard Report
You can create a new Dashboard Report by going to the Reports page > "Add" dropdown menu > Report > Dashboard Report
In order to configure your report, you will need to fill-out the following fields:
- Select Dashboard: from a dropdown menu, choose the Dashboard you would like to share as a report.
- Title: the title of the report as it will appear to recipients. This field will default to the name of the Dashboard you have selected. You may change the title, if necessary.
- Description: a brief description of your Dashboard Report. As a best practice, the description should include an overview of the report's scope, contents, and schedule.
- Group: Select the report group to which the Dashboard Report will be assigned. It is helpful to organize reports based on related environment (ie. a particular office/datacenter location, related recipients, etc.). If you would like to create a new Report Group, select the "add" icon to the right of the "Group" field.
- Time Range: the time range from which this report will pull data from your Dashboard. Each widget in the Dashboard will be configured to reflect the time-range designated in this field.
- Report Schedule: If you select the "Generate this report on a schedule" checkbox, you will be asked to designate the recurring time/date on which this report will be generated and sent to recipients. If you would like to manually generate this report, leave this box unchecked.
- Email Recipients: This field will only appear if you have selected the "Generate this report on a schedule" checkbox. All emails associated with users in the LM account will appear as auto-suggestions. You can also add external emails manually. Note that if you are not generating this report on a recurring schedule, you will simply have to run the report and send it to users via the report's URL.
Once you have configured each of these fields, select "Next." You will be asked to run the report, after doing so it will be auto-saved.
Once generated, any designated recipients will receive an email resembling the following:
NOTE: clicking the attachment link directly will result in a distorted view in most web mail clients. For an accurate view, be sure to click the "Click here" embedded link or download the attachment.