In comparison to GD 25.001, highlights of this version include:
- Improved speed and performance of NetScans. Added Npcap packet capture for MAC address detection and lookup of network interface manufacturer.
- Service Checks can now track SSL Expiration and alert on various SSL-related errors. Types of errors include:
- Certificate expired
- CA untrusted
- CN mismatch hostname
- SSL connection failed
- Support for groovy scripts to define a Config Check in LM ConfigSources.
- Major performance improvements for ESX Data Collection, SNMP Active Discovery, and Perfmon and WMI Collection.
- Improved snmpwalk timeout logic.
- Windows Collector Installer improvements to better explain permissions/installation instructions. It will now automatically detect if the computer is on the domain and show a separate Domain field only in this case.
- Several improvements to avoid unnecessary Collector restarts.
- Improvements to reduce CPU consumption when Collector caching is used.
- Use of the VMWare API to discover/identify ESX devices more efficiently.
- Added “headers” argument to HTTP “get()” method for setting custom headers.
- Upgraded the snmp4j jar to version 2.5.6.
- Upgraded the Collector’s JDK to version 8u144.
For more detailed information on what’s included, see individual EA release notes (links above).
In this Article: