Custom Email Alert Delivery
Introduction to Custom Email Alert Delivery
LogicMonitor's Custom Email Alert Delivery allows you to format alert notification emails in a more consistent format, without explanatory text. Custom email alert delivery enables you to define the precise format of the email subject and body, so that it can be easily parsed by the recipient system.
Keep in mind that simply defining a custom alert delivery method will not result in notifications being routed via the custom delivery method. The custom delivery method must be included as the contact method for a recipient in an escalation chain, and that escalation chain must be referenced by an alert rule.
Note: Emails generated by this alert delivery method are not actionable. You cannot reply to them in order to ack, SDT, or escalate an alert. Additionally, only new alerts and cleared statuses will trigger notifications to this type of integration.
Setting Up Custom Email Alert Delivery
You can add a new custom alert delivery from Settings | Integrations. Click the Add button and then click Custom Email Delivery to open the Add Custom Email Delivery Integration configuration dialog, shown (and discussed) next.
The name of the Custom Email Alert Method template.
The description for the Custom Email Alert Method template.
This field displays the email address from which your custom email alert notifications will be sent. It is auto-generated by LogicMonitor based on the parameters shown and is the same sender address used for all LogicMonitor alert notifications.
The email address(es) to which alert notifications will be sent. You can separate multiple addresses with commas.
Use the ##ADMIN.EMAIL## token to dynamically reference the email address associated with the user in the escalation chain to which the alert is routed.
Subject and Email Body
Both the subject and body of the alert notification email support tokens. You can use any of the following tokens in these fields:
- LogicModule-specific alert message tokens, as listed in Tokens Available in LogicModule Alert Messages.
- ##ADMIN##. The user the alert was escalated to.
- ##MESSAGE##. The rendered text of the alert message. This token will also pass all relevant acked information (e.g. the user that acknowledged the alert, ack comments, etc.).
- ##ALERTTYPE##. The type of alert (i.e. alert, eventAlert, batchJobAlert, hostClusterAlert, websiteAlert, agentDownAlert, agentFailoverAlert, agentFailBackAlert, alertThrottledAlert).
- ##EXTERNALTICKETID##. The ticket ID generated by the external ticketing system.
Test Alert Delivery
This button sends a test alert and provides the response, allowing you to test whether the integration is configured correctly.